Hours Display - 6Y5 Multi Function Tach 2013 90HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours Display - 6Y5 Multi Function Tach 2013 90HP

I just installed a 6Y5 Tach Multi-Guage on my 2013 90hp Yamaha with 703 Controls. The install was very easy, however, I have one question.

Should the total hours automatically update once installation is complete? Or will I have to go to a dealer to get a reading from them? I only started the motor for a few minutes with the muffs on to check the tach

new tach will only read the hours the motor has run since the motor has run since the tach was installed

Comment

K Thanks so much. II'll have to drop in to a dealer to get them to tell me the total hours for me to make a note of.

Comment

If you had installed a 6Y8 tach
        (which would also require some new wiring between engine and tach)
        it would display the actual engine hours

Comment

To be somewhat quirky, it should be noted that:

A 6Y5 tachometer records and displays tachometer hours. It is all done within the tachometer only. Move a 6Y5 tachometer from one motor to another motor and the hours logged on the tachometer will remain the same.

A 6Y8 tachometer displays engine run time that is recorded within an Engine Control Unit. What is seen on the tachometer is not always reality. Replace an Engine Control Unit on a motor that has lots of run time, say 500 hours, with a new ECU, and the 6Y8 tachometer will display 0 run time. Conversely, install a used ECU that has lots of run time, on a motor that has less run time, and the tachometer will indicate more hours than are really on the motor.

Comment

Thanks for your time and responses. Much appreciated.....be safe.

Comment

Working...
            X