2008 F40 LA Fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 F40 LA Fuel issue

Started yesterday, new gas tank non-ethanol fuel, boa t sounded starved for fuel on plane yesterday after 20 minutes running, couldn’t get it to idle, nothing. Switched back to old tank ran fine, switched to new tank ran fine, today was out doing a 20 mile run, about 16 miles into it same problem, lost power, couldn’t keep it running, sat for 10-15 minutes, changed back to old tank and ran the last four miles no problem. So I do not think it is the fuel tanks. I am going to change fuel filters as a precaution but not sure where the vst fuel filter is or if that is possibly the issue. Anyone have any suggestions? Engine has about 300 hours, VST changed once before I got it. She ran strong before the issue, ran strong after the issue, just seems to be an intermittent starving for fuel kind of problem. Any suggestions appreciated, anybody done the vst filters before? Thanks, Scott

I think the big question is why did the VST filter need to be changed before 300 hours? Probably bad fuel got in there at some point, which means your injectors are probably clogged. I would at least send those in to be cleaned before doing VST surgery. And yes, certainly replace the on-engine filter. But there's also the fuel strainer, the bulb & hoses, the fuel joint, and the pressure regulator. Those are all points where a leak or clog could occur.
    2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Working...
    X