lower unit problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower unit problem

I have a F15 Yamaha 2005 4 strokes, it starts good at the first pull,but when I tried to accelerate forward it stays in the same place and hear a noise ,if I do not accelerated it goes good to any place.If anyone can help me,I will really appreciate it.Thank you.

I just don't understand your question/problem....run it by us again??....

Comment

sounds like someone is trying to describe a spun prop hub.

Comment

Well, let me try to explain the problem. With the first pull, the motor starts good, but when I accelerate it to go to a faster speed, it makes a noise and does not run. It could only run in slow speed. He never turns off, it's only the speed that's the problem. And when I take out the motor and flush it with the ear hose, it does not do the problem, it achieves all the speeds perfectly without a problem.

Comment

I assume you're from another country and just having difficulty with the English language, in particular, grammar usage. No big deal...

-- Engine runs good
          -- When you try to accelerate too much, the "noise" you're hearing is the engine revving up?
          -- The boat will only move forward with a small amount of throttle input
          -- The boat will not move forward with larger amounts of throttle input
          -- On the garden hose, you won't see this problem since there is no load on the prop.

Sound correct?

From what you're saying, I agree with Rod that it sounds like a spun prop. Put your spare on there and re-try. Send the old one out for repair.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

If the noise is gears jumping it could be something all together different.
            But we have no idea what the noise he says is.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              If the noise is gears jumping it could be something all together different.
              But we have no idea what the noise he says is.
              True. Guess we'll just have to wait till he posts back to find out for sure.

Comment

The problem was spun prop, I got fix it.

Thank you all and Merry Christmas!

Comment

Good deal - glad it was an easy fix. Merry Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                  X