bleeding oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding oil

2001 130hp tlrz...i replaced the oil level sensor in the main tank and now the oil is transferring like it’s supposed to when the main tank hits the low mark...i dumped all of the oil out of the main tank to make sure everything looked good in the tank.....i’m now getting another alarm which i believe is because the oil system now has air in it....how do i bleed the air out?

Oil system will alarm for level, not air. If you emptied the main tank then turned key "ON", the alarm will trigger as it's supposed to....the alarm is saying hey dude, there's no oil mixing into the fuel, please shut me off. The main tank level needs to be above the lower mark. I believe you can use the manual transfer switch even though alarm is triggering (engine off, key on).
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

there is no alarm for air in oil or oil flow, just oil level
      Suzuki has an oil flow alarm

Comment

Something is not adding up. Maybe semantics.

You say that the engine mounted main oil tank is initiating transfer of oil when it hits the low mark. That is not the point that the oil transfer pump is supposed to come on.

There are three switches in the engine mounted main oil tank sensor assembly. Top switch closing with the tank being filled tells the pump to stop pumping oil. Middle switch closing when the tank is about half filled causes the oil pump to come on. Bottom switch closing when the tank is near empty sets the alarm. RPM reduction mode. Lights flash.

Comment

boscoe, I suppose I am hi-jacking this post but friend is having a similar problem with 225 hpdi and wondering if you can explain. Problem seems to arise after several (maybe as much as 20) minutes of idle. Alarm sounds. Removing cowl and using toggle switch to refill engine mounted tank works (ie pump is working). Problem is that once tank is full alarm continues to sound. Does this mean the float is sticking down or is there some other dynamics I am not aware of? Also, if the oil falls to the level of the lowest switch, does that mean the middle switch could be failing (or bad wire) and not signaling the pump to kick in and refill engine tank. Just wondering if there are any other factors that could cause this situation other than a faulty switch/sensor assembly. Generally after 5 or so minutes after engine mounted tank has been refilled the alarm eventually goes off. I have assumed the float is sticking but after reading your post I am leaning toward a faulty middle sensor instead. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Sorry for the hi-jack.

Comment

Working...
          X