No announcement yet.

200 v max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am going to replace the cables. i have miles of cable at work so it will be a free fix.(hopefully) and i am going to do like TownsendsFJR1300 suggested put some dielectric grease on ALL connections if nothing else its good practice and preventive maintenance.
    I wont be able to do any thing till this weekend. so any other suggestions will be tried. i hate being a parts re-placer. i like to fix things correctly, if i don't fix it soon i am going to have to take it to a yamaha dealer i am missing the best time to fish.

Comment

Well thanks to all that helped! Finally figgured it out wished I could post a picture ave not gotten that figured out . Yet. Had an issue starting boat so I put jumper cables on battery and directly on motor and she fired up quickly so I cot to thinking . And pulled the battery wires out and bam ! Somebody took a short cut and spliced the wires with a but splice like a #8 wire and and salt water has eaten it up to where it's like a # 10 wire . So I put new wires (#2/0) and she fires up every time. Now ready to fish.. Thanks for all the support.....

Comment

Voltage drop test while under load would have shown voltage dropping too far.
        Cables can go south inside their jacket too not just the ends where you can see.

But good to hear you got it figured out and fixed,

just remember testing before replacing parts is the cheaper and faster way next time

Comment

Congrates! Thanks for the update too!

Always check the basics first!!!!
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by garylowe View Post
            Well thanks to all that helped! Finally figgured it out wished I could post a picture ave not gotten that figured out . Yet. Had an issue starting boat so I put jumper cables on battery and directly on motor and she fired up quickly so I cot to thinking . And pulled the battery wires out and bam ! Somebody took a short cut and spliced the wires with a but splice like a #8 wire and and salt water has eaten it up to where it's like a # 10 wire . So I put new wires (#2/0) and she fires up every time. Now ready to fish.. Thanks for all the support.....
            Did you post your original comments on the hull truth? It seems very familiar.

Comment

Well should have figgured something out earlier. When I had to replace burns up starterand batteries. Right after I bought the boat. I am glad I posted here other wise I would have replaced fuel pumps ,cus that is the direction I was going, but I am guessing that motor has to spin at a certain RPM to fire the spark plugs . I do have about 500.00 invested. But I do have two new batteries and starter and plugs. I learned a lot..... From you guys.

No I don't know how to post on hull truth.

Hope I can help someone with there yamaha someday .

On vacation for three weeks gona fish every day I can to catch up on freeze.

Hope every one has a safe and merry Christmas.

Comment

Working...
              X