2014 VF 225 Trim not reading on Command Link or HD7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 VF 225 Trim not reading on Command Link or HD7

Hope this has not been covered I looked thru the threads but none covered this engine. I have a brand new SHO I just installed with Command Link Sqr gauges and Im not getting a signal for the trim reading on the gauge or the HD7 all other data is working correctly. I have the command link install book and it dose not have this engine in it either just the F series. I have plugged the 2 pink wires together port side under the flywheel with the the 2 white weather caps still no reading. I have ohm the sender it is working correctly and just to make sure double checked it with a older analog gauge reads fine up and down on it? Merc requires a digital sender that has to be installed so to read on smartcraft and HD? Am I missing something EZ?

The pink wires that are to be connected are no where near the flywheel. They should be right there in the vicinity of the Command Link connector.

Comment

Thank U I should say the fly wheel cover that is where I have them joined so that is correct maybe they told me the wrong place to plug the Command harness ? Its plugged in to a white plug with a blue and black wire ? THX

Comment

The Command Link connector is bright white. Orange inside. It is a four pin connector but with just two wires. One is blue and the other is white.

Both connectors should be laying loose in the bottom of the engine pan, up front on the left hand side.

All of this is explained in your Yamaha SHO service manual. Open the book.

Comment

THX its all hooked up correctly so its something else.

Comment

Working...
          X