HPDI high pressure fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPDI high pressure fuel filter

Does any one know what the micron and efficiency ratings are for the fuel filter that is between the vst and the high pressure pump ? My engine is a 2001 LZ200TXRA

I believe the Yamaha filter is 10 micron and high efficiency, although I'm sure that those who know much more about these things than I do will give you a definitive answer :-)

Comment

Thanks. With all the talk of high pressure pump filters getting plugged you'd think yamaha would have put a fine enough filter there to catch every thing before it could make it to the pump.

Comment

Too fine of a filter and perhaps enough fuel will not flow.

There are filters within the HP pump itself and also in the fuel injector inlets themselves.

Stuff creates debris as it does its job.

Comment

thanks for te feed back

Comment

Filtering a HPDI (200)

Three years ago I replaced the 10 micron spin on main tank filter with a 2 Micron....Removed the basket filters (2) from the High pressure pump ( upon the advice of a injector re builder) and installed new injector filters (Bosch brand ) from NAPA auto parts. I ran the main tank filter for 2 seasons before changing.
            My seasons are 5 months ( 120 hrs ) in OC Md. and 2 months in the Florida Keys
            (75 hrs) Have had NO fuel issues using the 2 micron filters, 87 octane pump gas , Yamaha Ring free with ethanol treatment, and Pennzoil. I have checked the filter screen in the VST tank and it has been spotless. Motor runs fine at all speeds with no loss of rpms (fuel starvation). So far so good !

If you think about it why run a 10 micro filter prior to 2 micron baskets and screens.??????????????

Comment

they did use fine enough filters, that's why they clog.
              its called maint.
              the medium pressure pump is a flow through design.
              means the gasoline flows across and cools the armature,commutator and brushs on its way to the HP pump.

first time you cut one open to see how it works will scare you.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesretired View Post
                If you think about it why run a 10 micro filter prior to 2 micron baskets and screens.??????????????
                The first line of defense should be a larger (micron) filter to collect the majority of the 'nasties'. You're fuel has been in good shape so you've been OK (lucky?) with that 2 micron. But if you happened to get even the just a little bit of stuff in the tank or lines, then that 2 micron would clog up awful quick. Whereas, if you started with the 10, none of the filters would clog as fast.

Do you know how a septic leach field works? It's generally the same concept. Start with large item filtration and progress to smaller item filtration.
                2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

That is not the way I see it !!! Why allow ANY debris to advance into your system ? It is very easy for the boater/ captain to carry and change out the spin on filter versus ANY of the other filters in order to restore the fuel flow, or have to be towed in and serviced at a dealer. Makes sense to me, and as I stated previous no more fuel filtering problems.

Sorry I don't know nothing about chit.
                  Last edited by charlesretired; 12-09-2014, 09:43 AM. Reason: finish response

Comment

Working...
                  X