Yamaha 130 txrb winterize question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 130 txrb winterize question

I have a 2003 yamaha txrb 130. She starts up but stalls after a few seconds. I need to winterize it soon but without being able to keep it running I can't spray with fogging oil. Would It help to just open the throttle valves of the carb and shooting the fogging oil into the carbs without the engine running or would that be pointless? I don't know what to do cause my mechanic is away for 2 weeks. Should I spray it into the spark plug holes and crank it and then thru the carbs and be done with it or will I have problems in the spring?thanks guys

Why store away a faulty motor?, fix what wrong first, then store it.

Comment

Start with basics: Compression or leakdown test, timing and spark test if OK suggest clean the carbs (need to be dismantled), fuel lines, filters and test with fresh fuel.

If you dont like DIY or donīt have the tools I suggest wait for your mechanic
      Last edited by almetelo; 11-24-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

2 weeks to wait for your mechanic is no big deal. No harm will come in those two weeks. In case of freezing temps, just make sure to keep the engine trimmed down and in or securely bag the lower unit to avoid getting water forward of the prop.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
        X