2016 Yamaha F9.9SMHB remote conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Yamaha F9.9SMHB remote conversion

I'm looking to convert a 2016 9.9 (s/n 1053102, mfg 11/16, model F9.9SMHB) to remote steering and throttle. Start can stay manual, just trying to toy with the idea of mounting a steering wheel in my homebuilt 12' skiff. Any experts know the parts I would need for this conversion?

Thanks!

Another question - if I want to use the 704 remote control, can I do this without any wire harness? Will the remote control function ok just as a mechanical control or am I missing something? If so, which wire harness can I buy to connect my 9.9 to the 704 (if any)?

Comment

See page 5-11 in here for the conversion kit. https://online.flowpaper.com/7c250766/2019MRP/#page=1

The 701 control box is what you need.

Comment

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have space to mount the 701, I need a top mount. Will the 704 work just the same? I don't need to wire any gauges, but I want to make sure the 704 will work without the wire harness.

Comment

Yes, the 704 box will work.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Makes me wonder how the no start in gear, and throttle start position will work

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                Makes me wonder how the no start in gear, and throttle start position will work
                He says that he will leave the motor in its present configuration. A pull start model. He will start the motor manually using the pull cord and then go to the control box to shift and throttle it. He will then go back to the motor to turn it off.

Comment

can the throttle and shifter be hooked up to the remote and the tiller at the same time?
                  maybe the tiller is removed completely , but I thought too much of the controls were in the tiller

Comment

Tiller handle will come off. Parts added so that the motor can be shifted and throttled and turned remotely.

Comment

Working...
                    X