Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Yamaha 70hp LCD

Hello,
    New to the forum and new to Yamaha. Bought an older boat with this 1988 Yamaha. Motor runs good. However, there is a light on above the red symbol, and a triangle above the right hand green side. I have no idea what these mean. Can someone tell me what the lights and symbols mean. There is no audible alarms. I have attached a photo i found online.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

After all else fails, follow the directions. Look at the owner's manual.

Let me help.

Comment

No owners manual. Trying to save a few $$$ and see if anyone could help. I relly think it a bad guage but want to make sure.

Comment

If a red light is on something is wrong. You should also be hearing the warning horn.

Owner's manuals are free to read at Yams website.

Comment

Manual on Yamy is $20. Did not see where I could read, only option is to buy on one this old. Here an actual pic of my guage while running. Thanks for your help!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by scottmcp5; 11-20-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Yea the viewing is only good for back to 1999 I think, not an old motor like yours
            Now you know what it means, but now a service manual is needed to troubleshoot the system.
            Or you can do some searching online for problems like yours,
            It has been cover many, many times before,

but if alarm is not sounding along with the light you need to find out what is going on.

Comment

Working...
            X