F150XA Water Pressure Tube Fitting Location on Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150XA Water Pressure Tube Fitting Location on Engine

Can someone here in this forum please post a photo of exactly where the water pressure TUBE fitting is located on a 2013 F150XA 4 cylinder 4 stroke?

Backstory. My daughter purchased a Mako 19' with this engine. The boat has an analog tubing-type water pressure gauge. The tubing goes back to the engine but it not terminated. I verified it with some air pressure while watching the gauge. I have studied these fora for answers, but have not been to find an answer to this particular question.

All I need to do is connect the tube to a fitting on the engine. I understand the fitting is a standard M14 thread. That's fine. But excactly WHERE on the engine do I screw in the fitting?

Rather than describing it, please post an actual photo of your tube fitting location. Thanks in advance.

Note: this is NOT an electronic sensor. Instead, this is the old-fashioned hollow tube that carries pressure to the gauge.

Here you are.
    zcool.jpg

Comment

Pretty sharp service there....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        Pretty sharp service there....
        oh, I don't know.

The OP specifically asked for "an actual photo of your tube fitting location"

Boscoe kindly supplied a line drawing - but that may not pass muster.

Even this photo, with the plug circled in yellow, doesn't meet the criteria.

A tough request.

Comment

According to the drawing that Boscoe99 so kindly supplied above, the lower yellow circle in the photo is exactly the spot for the coolant pressure attachment (tube fitting). This answers my original inquiry. Thanks. In that same drawing the coolant temperature sensor (if I needed one, but I don't) would go to the spot at the southwest corner of the thin red circle.

Comment

Update. A local Yamaha dealer had the analog tubing water pressure kit. It consists of a 14mm brass fitting to the engine, a 5mm brass compression fitting to that, and several meters of 5mm hard tubing. Curbside delivery during these times. As guided by the Boscoe drawing above and the lower yellow circle in the photo above, I removed the bolt with GREAT difficulty. I used a 14mm socket, with 2 inch extender, and breaker bar. After getting ti started a quarter turn, I soaked it in Blaster for two days before it would come the rest of the way out. The 14mm 12-point socket worked better than the 6-point socket. The hole in the block was salted up, so I sprayed several rounds of fresh water into it to attempt to de-salt the area. Spray in, let it surge back out.

The brass fitting in the kit fit perfectly. The red gasket was completely whole, so I could re-use it. Today I will butt-splice the kit tubing to the existing guage tubing. They are different diameters. Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Have to ask, what's the 2 SS rings and line on the post side of the engine for?
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                Have to ask, what's the 2 SS rings and line on the post side of the engine for?
                Haha - I never even noticed that, Scott !
                Not my photo,
                I grabbed it off the internet because its a nice clear 'port side' shot

But yes, from what you have pointed out,
                I would suspect the owner to be a "nut job".

Comment

Maybe an effort to secure the motor from theft?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post

Haha - I never even noticed that, Scott !
                    Not my photo,
                    I grabbed it off the internet because its a nice clear 'port side' shot

But yes, from what you have pointed out,
                    I would suspect the owner to be a "nut job".

Maybe a "manual" T&T?

Pull on the cord to lift??
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X