engine i.d. question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine i.d. question

i am trying to figure out the year of a yamaha 150 engine. the identification plate is to faded to get all the numbers and letters off it. what other ways are there of finding out the correct year it was built? looks like the plate reads c150tlr. cant make out the next character which is the year. the cowl reads saltwater series 2. it has power trim & tilt with a 20" shaft.
    Attached Files

The frame number 6G4 and the Long shaft helps a bit. There are 4 options. Look at the attached screenshot. Ignore the blue bit!
    Attached Files

Comment

Look on the block for the alternate sticker that provides the serial number. The sticker is round and black with a white bar in the middle. In the bar will be the serial number. Usually it is affixed to the block in the vicinity of the starter motor.

Also, look on the other side of the motor for the sticker that specifies the month and year of production.

Does the motor have oil injection or is the oil premixed with the gasoline. A C150 is usually a premix model.

I would say that someone has tampered with the PID label.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOrrett View Post
        The frame number 6G4 and the Long shaft helps a bit. There are 4 options. Look at the attached screenshot. Ignore the blue bit!
        I was told that is a 1999, which fits in the chart. does the c stand for commercial? would an image of the cowl help identify the year?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Look on the block for the alternate sticker that provides the serial number. The sticker is round and black with a white bar in the middle. In the bar will be the serial number. Usually it is affixed to the block in the vicinity of the starter motor.

Also, look on the other side of the motor for the sticker that specifies the month and year of production.

Does the motor have oil injection or is the oil premixed with the gasoline. A C150 is usually a premix model.

I would say that someone has tampered with the PID label.
          i will look for stickers with serial number tomorrow. thanks for the help. why do you think the PID was tampered with? it looks old and washed out, not messed with.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsupercat View Post
            i will look for stickers with serial number tomorrow. thanks for the help. why do you think the PID was tampered with? it looks old and washed out, not messed with.
            Bingo! found the serial number. 303625 makes it a 1996. thanx to JohnOrrett and
            boscoe99 for the help. it is appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X