No announcement yet.

F90TLR Idles High!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After further troubleshooting the isc I found that the green/red wire was broken at the terminal it was the only wire of the four that had a dead short. Now I’m trying to figure out how to take the connector apart. Any suggestions and also taking suggestions on where to get the new terminal ends as well.

Comment

A pic of the damaged parts may help..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Comment

I got it apart now I need to find the terminal ends.

Comment

Here's a place to start: http://www.cycleterminal.com/motorcycle-connectors.html

Or : https://www.banggood.com/4-Pin-Way-M...r_warehouse=CN
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-14-2020, 04:35 PM.
            Scott

Comment

Comment

The memory is fuzzy,
                so I'm not 1,000% certain -
                but I believe this is the same connector:

https://www.amazon.com/Alternator-Re...6&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Comment

Originally posted by adbama1441 View Post
                  After further troubleshooting the isc I found that the green/red wire was broken at the terminal it was the only wire of the four that had a dead short. Now I’m trying to figure out how to take the connector apart. Any suggestions and also taking suggestions on where to get the new terminal ends as well.
                  I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to be hearing about broken wires on an F90 idle air control valve.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                    The memory is fuzzy,
                    so I'm not 1,000% certain -
                    but I believe this is the same connector:

https://www.amazon.com/Alternator-Re...6&sr=8-1-fkmr0
                    Sure looks like it!
                    Scott

Comment

Nice guys thanks for all the experience and info. I just ordered the connector and ordered the extra terminals.

Comment

IDLE SPEED.jpg
                        See the troubleshooting on it

If you need the service manual of your outboard, please take the pic of engine serial number, and come back to me

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Edgan Egals View Post
                          IDLE SPEED.jpg
                          See the troubleshooting on it

If you need the service manual of your outboard, please take the pic of engine serial number, and come back to me

Thanks
                          Where can I find this serial # is it on the tag close to the tilt motor?

Comment

If you found a broken wire to the IAC valve connector a service manual is not going to help. The F90 service manual won't mention a thing about a broken wire. Reason being is that the Yamaha SM's are written for a trained mechanic. A trained mechanic should know that one of the first things to be checked is wire continuity. Or a wire chaffed to another wire or a wire chaffed to a ground. He does not need for the SM to be telling him to do this.

Engine ID should be on a decal affixed to the left hand clamp bracket. https://www.stonescornermarine.com.a...maha-outboard/

Comment

I agree with that, but at one point the vessel was at a shop with so called Yamaha trained technicians and they just replaced the throttle body and tps sensor. So technically they just threw parts at it at my expense. When trying to look up specific information on the engine by using the web it shows everything but what you searched for. The SM is still nice to have for the troubleshooting tree just due to hopefully every problem isn’t a broke wire. That being said, I found a Honda Pilot that was going to the junker and snipped the alternator harness off and it fit right on and the engine is now fixed and working as advertised. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X