Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 f90 nmea 2000

Hi Folks,

Long time reader, 1st post. I have a new F90 with a reg. tach and water pressure gauge. I was at the boat show couple weeks back and spoke with the Yamaha reps (not dealers or salesmen), I explained to them that I would like to see the engine's info on my Garmin 740xs without having to buy Command Link gauges. I was told that all I needed was a Command Link Gateway (6Y9-8A2D0-20-00 ) and a 12' pigtail (6YB-82521-51-00) to reach from the engine to the console. They said the pigtail was to connect to the engine on the starboard side to the white unused plug and to the gateway. They also said to build a backbone which I did (3 Ts, female terminator, male terminator, Yellow cable for power and cable to connect to Garmin). Once the backbone was completed, I connected the gateway to the backbone and the backbone to the power & Garmin, at this point the installation should be complete. However, when I power up the engine, the Garmin doesn't show the engine gauges. What am I missing or doing wrong ? Any advice/input? Thanks in advance for the help.

on the Garmin Home Screen - select Configure
    on the screen that opens, select Communications
    the next screen has two boxes at the top, Serial Port1 Serial Port 2
    open and select NMEA Std. for first one, then the other
    then, on that same screen, select NMEA Setup
    on the screen that opens, select Device List
    with the engine ignition on (doesn't have to be running)
    you want to see "Yamaha ******XX" displayed under NMEA Devices
    If you've got that, then go to Information
    Dashboard Gauges
    Engine
    and select Auto Configure

Comment

Are you saying that you are going from the motor to the Gateway via a 12' pigtail and then from the Gateway to the NMEA 2000 network?

What are you seeing on the Gateway diagnostic lights? I am guessing they are not on.

How are you getting 12 volt power to the Gateway?

See the bottom of the page at this link for a typical Gateway installation.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

I did this on both of my boats but I used Lowrerance components I got from BOE Marine. There are 2 items, a connector cable from the motor to the nmea backbone and a nmea starter kit along with a set of instructions. Total cost $170. Once I hooked it up and went to information, engine, dashboard, auto configure on the 740 I was done. The only glitch was that the F40 doesn't have a oil pressure sender, it has a normally closed switch so I don't get oil pressure off that motor. The 200hp SHO has a sender so it works great. Pretty cheap command link.

Comment

Working...
        X