Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please! 2007 f115TLR fuel prob?

alright guys and girls,

I am in need of some help, a week ago I went out and my motor (2007 F115TLR with 450 hours) was acting like it was starving for fuel and would not go above 3600 rpm, then it would do short burst of full fuel and take off then slowly putter down again. I changed the fuel filter, and noticed this substance on it, took the boat out two days ago and worked amazing for the first 10 miles, then the puttering started again for about 2 miles and then just before the boat ramp it worked perfectly fine. Checked the fuel filter its still brand new, changed the water separator (nothing found in the water sep but fuel) and i also noticed my primer blub inner linning was withering away so I am going to replace that as well!

The boat I have owned for about 4 years and it sits for 60 days and then is in use for 60 days, during every "sit" cycle I top the boat off with fresh fuel (non-E) I will be honest 2 years ago i put about 8 gallons of ethanol gas inside the tank (which to my understanding should not be the problem)

Any thing else you guys would check prior to doing another sea trail

what kind of tank do you have?
    plastic, Fiberglass, aluminum?

also is the primer bulb and lines to the motor Yamaha or some other brand?
    Last edited by 99yam40; 04-07-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what kind of tank do you have?
      plastic, Fiberglass, aluminum?

also is the primer bulb and lines to the motor Yamaha or some other brand?
      haha sorry I went off and found the solution, it was infact the primer bulb and the lining itself it was not the correct USCG A1 fuel line that is now required on motor applications. the inner linning was falling apart and disvoling into my fuel and into the filter. luckily the filter stopped it and did its job!

Comment

thanks for updating your thread on what you found.

I have read that sometimes things get dissolved into the fuel inside plastic and fiberglass tanks and make it thru to the combustion chambers where it is burned and deposited inside the motor, causing problems

Comment

I hope and pray the filter caught it all!

Comment

took the boat out for a few hours she ran amazing! all is well! hope this helps! amateurs haha

Comment

Working...
            X