Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150HP 2 stroke fuse size

Hi,
    The fuse on my 2000 150HP two-stroke VMax blew. It is 30A so I was about to switch it over to the spare one wrapped and attached to the cable. Checked it and it is a 20A. Had a look at the manual and it doesn't seem to be explicit as to whether it should be a 20 or 30A fuse. Don't want to get the wrong one so any advice would be much appreciated as to what the appropriate fuse size is.

Thank you for any guidance as new to this engine.

My 90HP Yamaha uses an 20 amp main fuse......until you find out for sure about your particular motor it would be safer to use the smaller 20 amp fuse in my opinion...what blew your fuse?...... Switched ar cables?

Comment

Depends upon where the fuse is used.
      zfuse.jpg

Comment

dam it Boscoe you cannot make this that simple

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It is the main fuse shown in the attached diagram as (1) and is currently 30A. The spare that is attached in a waterproof bag is 20A. Makes sense to go cautiously with the 20A. If it blows immediately I know to switch to the 30A.
          Fuse.jpg

Comment

I would think you need to trace the wires to see where it comes from and where it goes to make sure.

looks like another spare fuse and holder right below that one. might check to see what those fuses are too,
            maybe someone just swapped the spares by accident

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks and for the image highlighting the different wires! Fixed and fuse jit on-board now in case of emergencies. Can't wait to actually get back out on the water. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

On the fuse always marked the value of Ampere.

Remove it and check carefully, you will see its value.

Comment

Working...
                X