2011 200 yamaha hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 200 yamaha hpdi

Motor, for months was always difficult to get in gear especially in reverse at docking. Got away with this as I do lots of *****ing . We found the problem was in lower unit. After pulling unit apart, we found that the reverse bearing was loose from the carrier. All other parts seem to be in excellent condition. The affected bearing and carrier would also seem to be in good condition, although I have them on order. No water nor filings in the LU. Yamaha dealer claims that this is "strange".
    A machinist looked at bearing/carrier and cant see anything wrong them them . He wanted to use threading and Lock tite to correct problem but I dont think this is the way to go.

After long period of hard shifting, the shift switch got distorted and sent the motor in safe mode with a maximum rpm of 2400 rpm.

Motor done 375 hours on 24 ' Proline.

Awaiting parts. In meantime, would appreciate any comments from the professionals ..Dont know if Rodbolt is on here anymore.

that reverse gear bearing isn't a very tight fit in the carrier.
    yes you can Loctite it if you wish.

your CONFUSING safe mode.
    the shift position switch cannot and will not place the ECU into safe mode.

ANY function that creates safe mode is accompanied with an audible alarm.

now if the ECU sees a crank signal AND an in gear signal it will limit RPM.

if the ECU does NOT ever see an in gear signal it drops 4 cylinders above about 1500 RPM.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt, the parts are on it way from boats.net to me and will be carrying out the repairs in another week or so..Is that bearings forced in and not pressed in ? Can it just get loose due to hard shifting and no other reason ? Never seen that in my mucho years of boating and nothing else is damaged.

I cant recall any audible alarm but quite possible ECU would have gotten a crank signal.

I dealt with you at your former place , I am from Kingston, Jamaica had a 225 SWS.
      Will keep you advised.

Comment

Working...
      X