Maintenance Servie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Servie Questions

I just did the 20hour maintenance on my Yamaha F150 that came with a 2019 Bennington Tritoon. I did the fuel filter, lower lube, engine oil, overall pretty easy. A couple of questions:

1. I wanted to warm engine up so oil would flow better. I put muffs on the bottom with water on and started engine. I waited about 3 mins at idle and no water came out the spit spout. I didn't want to wait longer so I turned engine off. It spits water no problem when boat is in the water. Is this typical? Should I have used the flush port? I didn't think I could run engine with flush port. Finally, could 3 minutes at idle have caused any damage?

2. When changing lower gear lube, it took exactly what was in the 1qt bottle to fill up and come out the top port. I filled from the bottom. When trying to get the last bit of oil out of the bottle so it would come out the top I probably got half a pump full of air into the lower unit and then the oil started coming out the top. Is this a problem? Should I redo it or is it okay? I was using the little hand pump similar to a soap dispenser.

Thank you.

1. Some 4 strokes won’t pee on muffs. If your owner’s manual instructs you not to run your engine on muffs then it probably won’t pee.
    2. If you are worried that you don’t have enough lube it the lower unit just get another quart and add to what you already have. No need to drain new lube.

Comment

It is normal not to get water out of pee tube, depends on water pressure and hose dia. people use a lot of different ways double feed muffs, muffs and a can filled with water, muffs and flush port ect. do a search, must important is to have the muffs on this keeps your water pump from burning up! you did the lower unit oil correct filling from bottom till oil comes out the top this method removes trapped air, The important thing is to put new gaskets on each time.

Comment

I have a F200, there is a hose connection on the left (looking from the prop side of engin) I hook up a hose to it and water is pissing from all over out from the lower unit and I run it that way...its loud.

Comment

You need a good set of muffs and a quick grip clamp and squeeze the muffs tightly over the water inlet. Turn on the water full blast, start her up and it should pee.

Comment

Working...
          X