1986 pro v 150 trim sending unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 pro v 150 trim sending unit

Where is the trim sending unit on a 1986 pro v 150. Can you adjust it so guage is in sync with position.

I have the same engine with trim gauge inconsistencies. Something loose maybe ..

Comment

Originally posted by Hwilli1954 View Post
      Where is the trim sending unit on a 1986 pro v 150. Can you adjust it so guage is in sync with position.
      Part #4: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...im-tilt-sender

There's usually a part that clamps to the engine and pushes against the switch. As the engine tilts n trims, that part changes the position (signal to the dash) showing the engine position. That part OFTEN breaks and will NOT keep tension enough to push / activate the switch...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Radtek223 View Post
        I have the same engine with trim gauge inconsistencies. Something loose maybe ..
        Don't know what engine you have but part #1: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...0406/bracket-2
        is what I referred to. That is often plastic and breaks down over time.

On my F150, the plastic one broke(slipping on the shaft), the up-dated part was new made of metal. Adjust the gauge by moving THAT part accordingly.
        I have mine set so that fully down, one bar shows. Trim up, more bars..
        Scott

Comment

My apologies, I have an 86 PRO V150 as well....recently acquired. Trying to catch up on the maintenance. Not sure part# will be the same, but the physical location should be. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Radtek223 View Post
            My apologies, I have an 86 PRO V150 as well....recently acquired. Trying to catch up on the maintenance. Not sure part# will be the same, but the physical location should be. Thanks!
            I didn't see it listed in the parts diagram on-line, but yes, should be in the same area...
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X