F6C leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F6C leakage

I have a problem with F6C outboard and I would really appreciate help. I had it for a little more than two years and was servicing it regularily. It worked fine and without the problem until few days ago. When I was starting the engine last time, it seemed to have started normally but after approx. 10 sec it stopped running. I tried to start it several times again, but without success. I removed the cover and noticed that, there is a leakage. I have market in a red circle the point from which the petrol is leaking. (please kindly see the photo). In addition to that, I noticed that when I try to switch the handle from idle to reverse sometimes it is possible to switch it as usual and sometimes it isn't possible to switch. It gets stuck half a way then I need to put it back to idle. I have also noticed that when I incline the engine, sometimes it helps and after that for some time it is possible to switch to reverse.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Boris

looks like a vent on the top of carb.
    fuel coming out of there would mean that the needle and seat is not closing off causing the bowl to over fill.

time to take apart and see what is causing it
    trash in the needle and seat maybe

Comment

Working...
    X