Roscoe Disease Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscoe Disease Control

Apparently all you folks in and around Atlanta are responsible for the state's Wuhan cases. Please try to keep it in the metro area. That is all.....

the stuff is showing up everywhere.
    buy enough beer to make it 6 months and hang around the house or out fishing

heck with the market doing what it is we cannot afford to do much else

Comment

For some odd reason people have decided to stock up on bottled water. We are getting three truckloads a day and it lasts about 2 hours into an 8 hour order building process. About 4000 cases short every night. When has the flu or any other virus attacked through the water system? Do they expect the public utility system to collapse? As Rodbolt says, “Has the world gone nuts?”

Comment

Don't for get the toilet paper
        Can't find any in Montana
        Bottled water from Where?
        Retired and Loving Life

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredGuy View Post
          Don't for get the toilet paper
          Can't find any in Montana
          Bottled water from Where?
          Apparently any bottled water is fine. Imagine that.....

Comment

What is it about panic buying?
            We hardly have that virus here in Australia (6 deaths) yet all the shops are empty; first it was toilet paper now no meat, no pet food and almost all things sold to greedy horders.
            It’s absolutely absurd that people, and old people, are queuing in the dark waiting for shops to open then not find what they need, leaving with nothing.

Comment

Yep, have to agree, no idea why people are going nuts and buying everything in sight, it's certainly not normal for here, this silly virus thing has sent people into a frenzy.

Comment

All Australian ported cruise ships were called back to their home port, unloaded all passengers and are now at sea with only the crew on board until the end of April (so far) I live right on the ocean and can see a few anchored off Port Kembla from my balcony, that must be going to cost the owners zillions of dollars, cruise ships came back to Sydney Harbour almost in convoy and waited their turn to dock.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                  All Australian ported cruise ships were called back to their home port, unloaded all passengers and are now at sea with only the crew on board until the end of April (so far) I live right on the ocean and can see a few anchored off Port Kembla from my balcony, that must be going to cost the owners zillions of dollars, cruise ships came back to Sydney Harbour almost in convoy and waited their turn to dock.
                  Of course that now includes Qantas airline planes grounded from international flights. We aussies are now closing state borders (Tasmania only letting back Taswegens).
                  This will cost each individual thousands, tens of thousands of $$$, my wealthier friends in the hundred of thousands $. For what? We are seeing people die more from the flu than Covid-19. Sure there are countries that have let this become a problem, history repeats itself.
                  At 8000 world wide, and lets multiply that many many times, this pandemic does not appear to be anywhere near as any other in the past.
                  I am getting old, if in Italy I would be placed in a corner to die, I don’t want to see that happening here because our health system might collapse.
                  But at the end of the day we will all pass eventually and do we really care if it this virus or any other.
                  The fact of the matter is this is a mild disease, hardly affects children the only people at risk are the vulnerable and old. As cold as it sounds they are already by and large looked after by our good hygiene practices, but they still die from similarly respiratory pneumonia: most would have eventually died whether Covid-19 was here or not (as cold as it sounds).
                  The panic is based on an unreasonable fear, and as far as I understand this human behaviour is triggered by one thing; there is no vaccine for it yet.
                  Every country is different, but I am having trouble understanding how we have let this damage/ destroy our (Australian) economy to such an extent.

Comment

I guess in a way, "we" should have closed our border a long time ago, being an island nation, it might have stopped the spread entirely.

Comment

closing all borders should have been done everywhere.
                      this is bad,
                      read there are 2 under 10 yo with it close to me, 14 confirmed in my county

hope our good friends on hear are all OK

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        closing all borders should have been done everywhere.
                        this is bad,
                        read there are 2 under 10 yo with it close to me, 14 confirmed in my county

hope our good friends on hear are all OK
                        Hindsight such a wonderful thing; one of the most difficult government decision to make on the spot. All Governments rather go slowly based on risk assessment.
                        Our PM I believe was at first hesitant because he did not want to offend the Chinese whom we depend on trade and on them for tourism. Your President just had his head in the sand.
                        Declaring war would have been an easier decision; we had measures altered everyday, even contradicted from one day to the next.
                        We have had 7 deaths to date but the country is almost in total lockdown. I only hope it was worth it.
                        No one knows when this will end, I also hope the consequential civil unrest is worth it also but I suspect atleast a year will be invested to fight this and the extremely bad impact on employment and businesses going to the wall.

Comment

China did not give up the news in december, they need nuked. they don't care about their people, they run over them with tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
                            China did not give up the news in december, they need nuked. they don't care about their people, they run over them with tanks.
                            China and the WHO were in cahoots on the coverup. Never a fan of WHO or the UN. The hell with the both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                              Yep, have to agree, no idea why people are going nuts and buying everything in sight, it's certainly not normal for here, this silly virus thing has sent people into a frenzy.
                              Well AUSNOELM......Like any good sheep...When the shepherd calls or the sheep dog barks....the sheep ball up an do what they're told....Unfortunately for some of us...Those who own the news media....ARE those Shepherds & sheep dogs.....Oh for the old days, when the majority of people still had some common sense and could think for themselves...lol...now the deaths of these poor folks that contacted this are surely no laffing matter...But this mass hysteria & insane binge buying certainly are....

Comment

Working...
                              X