Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mariner/yamaha 40 converting to electric start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariner/yamaha 40 converting to electric start.

I want to convert my 40hp yamaha/mariner to electric start, the problem i have is finding the correct starter motor mounting bracket.
    the serial number is 40EL 6E9-L-417994, Having looked at a parts diagram for the 40c on a mercury/mariner parts web site which covered the 40c twin carb 6e9 from serial number 400231 to 423162 it came up with mounting bracket part number 97695M, i ordered it but it turned out to be wrong, my crankcase was different so it would not fit.
    On further investigation i came up with mounting bracket 814985M but its no longer available and i am unsure if its the correct part. Taken off parts diagram for a 40 twin carb with oil injection from serial number 6e9 350001-up.
    Does anyone have any idea if this is the correct mounting bracket and where can i get one.
    i have attached a photo of where the bracket should bolt onto the crankcase.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    I have to say I'm looking for the same thing, did you managed to find anything? (the part or at least the number?) Do you have the starter already? could you send any details (picture would be perfect but part no would also help)
    Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X