Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever replaced a water tube on a ProV150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever replaced a water tube on a ProV150?

I was putting a water pump kit in and noticed the end of the water tube looked damaged.
    Could anyone tell me how to replace the water tube?
    Thanks.

From what you have posted before you should have a service manual for your motor, does it not cover this?
    I believe you will need to pull the power head to get the tube replaced, but I have never done this myself.

Did you ever get the motor running?
    last we heard it was not sparking at all and you never came back to let us know what you found

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      From what you have posted before you should have a service manual for your motor, does it not cover this?
      I believe you will need to pull the power head to get the tube replaced, but I have never done this myself.

Did you ever get the motor running?
      last we heard it was not sparking at all and you never came back to let us know what you found
      The service manual doesn't give any info except to check the condition of the tube, which I did.

I took the boat back to the dealer. He charged me $75 labor but couldn't tell me what his mechanic did. The mechanic had left for the day. I'm done with them. The motor is running well.

I changed the lower unit oil after the first (only) day on the lake. After getting the boat back after the ignition problem was fixed, I put the water muff on and ran the engine at home to make sure it did indeed run. I wanted to check the lower unit oil level before taking the boat out again. Water in the oil. The dealer told me the lower unit didn't leak water. The boat has not been in the lake since I changed the oil. I replaced the seals under the water pump and on the forward/reverse shifter. I'm taking the lower unit to a Yamaha Five Star Certified shop to put in the propeller seals. I don't have a wrench for the propeller bearing housing nut or I would do it myself.

The good news is everything else in the lower unit looks great. Gears and bearings are pristine.

Comment

Working...
      X