What do pilot jets do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of things are not obvious.
    how this went from discussing a pilot fuel jet and how some carbed engines are affected by ex back pressure to an OX66 that fuel delivery is electronically con*****ed,as well as idle speed, I have no clue.
    yes that was sarcasm.
    its like comparing a pratt and whitney gas turbine to the 12hp gas motor in the wright flyer.
    yes they both got used in an aircraft.
    then we tossed in an EFI 4 stroke 150 that uses yet a different set of controls to deliver fuel. similar but different enough to make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      yes that was sarcasm.
      Thank you. Sorry for the end around there.

The reason I brought up the backpressure issue was it seems like the OP has a few threads all dealing with the same issue, and if the whole reason why he was having a high idle issue was due to running on a hose, I just didn't want to see this thread go in a direction it didn't have to.

I just remembered another larger OB (200-ish) that we ran at the shop were I work that exhibited the same high/rough idle on a hose. This was a few years ago, but I seem to recall that it was about an '05 Merc 200-ish HP. (we deal primarily with stern drives).

I'm still at a loss to understand why a Yamaha 2-stroke should run smooth on a hose (I hear 'ya on the con*****ed fuel issue, but that exhaust is still plenty open). And then, considering how well my 250 OX66 runs in the water, but rough on a hose, it seemed like the "same old thing to me". But I suppose that's a story for another day to avoid this thread going in the wrong direction.
      Last edited by DennisG01; 10-28-2014, 08:48 AM.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I rather take a small bit of perverse pleasure watching posts morph into completely different topics. At the not so true hull truth many posts, no matter what the original subject is, generally turn into four stroke versus two stroke threads or Yamaha versus all other brands threads.

Comment

Agreed 100% with ^^^

Its a thread and yes, they do morph. So what??

I don't see posting YOUR experiances/knowledge as an issue, the op got what he needed, so what's the problem??? Get over it..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys

Comment

Working...
            X