No announcement yet.

Any way to Test ECM for 2004 HPDI 200 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually found the problem. Faulty wire at the harness connection of the float switch of the main tank. The issue now is that the wires are ridiculously short.

Can I close this switch by connecting the wires together and bypassing the main oil tank (the big one inside the boat) float? I never really rely on this tank alarm. It is in the routine to top off the oil tank when prepping the boat for use.

I dont want to buy a $100 float switch if I can just bypass it.

Thanks.

BTW I have digital Yamaha gauges with bars on the bottom for oil level.
    Insufficient Fund$ II - 26' Paramount, twin Yamaha 150 HPDI's
    Sometimes you eat the bear, Sometimes the bear eats you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywoodfish View Post
      I actually found the problem. Faulty wire at the harness connection of the float switch of the main tank. The issue now is that the wires are ridiculously short.

Can I close this switch by connecting the wires together and bypassing the main oil tank (the big one inside the boat) float? I never really rely on this tank alarm. It is in the routine to top off the oil tank when prepping the boat for use.

I dont want to buy a $100 float switch if I can just bypass it.

Thanks.

BTW I have digital Yamaha gauges with bars on the bottom for oil level.
      There are three switches in the main oil tank. I would not try and do an end run around the system as it is designed. All three switches work as a system. Stuff breaks and it needs to be fixed. Just the way life is.

What about splicing in a new section of wire? What wire colour is it by the way? I would hardware the oil tank sensor to the main engine harness before I tried to bypass one of the switches.

The top switch (blue wire/white tracer) tells the system to stop transferring oil. The middle switch (blue wire/green tracer) tells the system that oil is needed. The bottom switch (blue wire/red tracer) tells the system to sound the alarm and to put the motor into RPM reduction mode.

I also suggest that you maintain and rely upon the alarm system. I hundred dollar switch is a lot less expensive than is a multi thousand dollar power plant.

Comment

Working...
      X