No announcement yet.

throttle friction, 704 standard flush mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one, the one that is in plain sight in the picture?
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

yes, on mine the screw is black also, so it looks like there's nothing in there, but shining a light in there revealed the screw.

Comment

"It's black"... OK, gotcha. I thought that picture was actually your throttle. To be honest, I was kinda wondering (especially since it's silver) why you didn't try that first as it seemed like the most obvious choice. I didn't realize it wasn't a picture of your own throttle.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I got the picture from one of those "images" sights, I couldn't figure out how to upload my own image. in the picture half the bezel is hidden by the handle. the screw with the silver head just looks like one screw in a bolt pattern, so I didn't think anything of it, and the diagram is confused in that area. finally, in desperation and after sitting and staring at the handle I noticed it is just one hole and decided to check it out. I do feel pretty silly, but relieved. No one seemed to have any info on this type of Yamaha Remote Control. Maybe this will help the next guy.

Comment

6X0 Remote Throttle Friction Adjustment

Yes, thanks, this helped me. Information on this throttle control is very difficult to find. I only stumbled upon the fact that pushing in the center black rubber button released the gear shift for fast idle, something I never would have guessed in a thousand years. And my throttle was very stiff making fine speed adjustment very difficult. Of course no manual came with the boat as I am at least the third owner. So, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by swordds1 View Post
              Yes, thanks, this helped me. Information on this throttle control is very difficult to find. I only stumbled upon the fact that pushing in the center black rubber button released the gear shift for fast idle, something I never would have guessed in a thousand years. And my throttle was very stiff making fine speed adjustment very difficult. Of course no manual came with the boat as I am at least the third owner. So, thanks again.
              I too once years ago scratched my head furiously as to how faster starting idle is achieved. Suspect many other secondhand boat purchasers also.

My previous boat owner had this boat the best part of ten years and used the choke pull lever on the outboard cowling for every cold start. Once the engine fired he'd race back to the stern to push it back in ( that was how he demonstrated starting the boat to me ). Noone told him he simply could press the remote key in to achieve choke!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X