96 C85 tilt trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 C85 tilt trim problem

The tilt was working but making noise like air in unit and was very slow raising moter.
    I released the bypass screw and let the engine down, raised and released a fair amount of oil. I did this until no more air. The oil level is full, but when returning the bypass screw back to normal. and using switch, motor doesn,t move. The pump is running but cylinders are not moving. So now I have made it worse than it was when I started. Help please.

Run it to the full up position. Add as much fluid as it will take. Trim it full down and full back up. Help the motor up if you have to. Add fluid. Full down and back up. Repeat the process until it will not take any more fluid.

If that does not fix it then it needs to go to a mechanik.

Comment

Right now the cylinders don't move at all up or down, and in the uo position I can only get about a teaspoon in at a time. No air coming out and no oil going in. It worked half assed an hour ago, but after trying to bleed air out I have it jacked up. Gotta be a fix here, just need the proper procedure.

Comment

OK, so this is what we did. Cycled the motor up and down by hand with bypass valve at least 50 times, adding a little fluid each time, like 1/2 teaspoon. Getting no where. Then we rigged a funnel with long spout and put that in fill hole while cycling another twenty five times. We were getting some air out and adding oil but still wouldn't move with trim switch. We then closed bypass valve, inserted funnel and bumped the tilt switch up and it sucked the oil in like a champ. Boom, done.

Comment

Working...
        X