40TLRD New Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40TLRD New Carbs

I have had to replace the three carbs on a 2005 40TLRD and would like to know if they are ready to go out of the box or do I need to do some type of vacuum or other adjustments. The engine sat for several years but has less then 100 hrs on it.
    Last edited by TabooWyboo; 10-14-2014, 07:29 PM.

You did not show it as a F so I take it it is a 2 stroke.

Just follow the link and sync procedure in service manual, no need to vacuum gauges

Comment

Yes it is a two stroke. Do I need to buy the service manual or can I find it online. Thanks for your reply and help....

Comment

Are you simply talking about the connection links and the butterfly sink.

Comment

That and timing linkage

Need to do the link and sync every time you reinstall carbs on multi carbed motors

Comment

Some motors have slightly different jets for carbs for various cylinders....are you dead sure about the jets?....The Linq and Sync procedure can be found on the forums...Rodbolt I believe had a good one at one time....anyway you shouldn't have to buy a Yamaha manual for this procedure but it would be nice to have one on hand for other maintenance/repairs....

Comment

Working...
            X