converting precision blend to pre-mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting precision blend to pre-mix

I have been trying for weeks now to get my oil to transfer from the reserve tank to the main tank on the boat.

I can't find the problem. I bought the problem with the boat so i don't know any history on when the problem started occuring.

I'm tired of spending money on switches and time on try to track this problem down.

My oil lights and warnings do not work (other than limp mode) and at this point for my situation i think pre-mix is the best financial decision for me.

I have a 1991 TXRP 150 HP. it is on a 25 foot pontoon that i just put-put around the lake in.

I would like any information on how to remove the oil injection and convert to pre-mixing the gas/oil. Pictures or diagarms would be helpful on where the oil injection pump is on the engine. I also understand i will need to install a plate to cover the location of the pump once it is removed. Can this plate be bought or does it have to be home-made?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is it as simple as just disconnecting the boat-mounted pump and the engine-mounted low-level alarm?

Did you check the inline filter mounted on the boat-mounted tank? Does the pump not run, even with the manual switch? How about jumping 12V to the pump to verify if it's good?

Just thinking out loud here.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

leave it on, do a search by rodbolt on precision blend, it has been covered in minute detail a thousand times, and is easy to trouble shoot, do not just blindly replace parts, make sure of your exact model also.

Comment

Thanks.

i have read a bunch of rodbolt's post and he does throughly cover it and i have gone through most all the checks he listed and even if i do eventually find the issue i am still un comfortable having it precision blended because the buzzers and warings do not work on my boat any my desire to mimimize my expenses on a 23 yr old motor.

keep in mind all i do is put-put around the lake ..most of the time at 2000 rpm or less. the limp mode does not kick in untill 2000 rpm so i have ZERO warning in place with precision blend.

i think i will be best served by pre-mixing my oil/gas.

my motor is a 1991 150 HP- TXRP.

Is there any diagrams or more information on the step by step of removing the oil pump and putting the cover over it? i'm pretty sure i can handle jumping the wires in the float switch.

Thanks again.

Comment

Remove the pump. Remove the oil pump drive gear. Reinstall the pump.

Tie wrap the engine mounted tank float so that the float remains in the up position.

Remove the plastic sump from the engine mounted oil tank. Drain the oil. Reinstall and secure the sump.

Disconnect the connector in the engine pan that leads to the boat mounted oil tank. Remove that harness and the remote oil tank if desired.

Comment

you do realize that there is more than oil level that sounds the alarm, you need to fix the alarm system even if you rip out the best thing they ever put on 2 stroke motors.

Some motors inject oil in places the gas does not go,
            And some motors use jetting sized for pure gas and not mixed( changes density)
            so make sure what you have

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Remove the pump. Remove the oil pump drive gear. Reinstall the pump.

Tie wrap the engine mounted tank float so that the float remains in the up position.

Remove the plastic sump from the engine mounted oil tank. Drain the oil. Reinstall and secure the sump.

Disconnect the connector in the engine pan that leads to the boat mounted oil tank. Remove that harness and the remote oil tank if desired.
              Yamaha also sells a block off plate if you would rather not reinstall the pump.

Comment

What is the part number for the block off plate?

Comment

6r3-1131m-00-00

Comment

Working...
                  X