No announcement yet.

Yamaha Backlash Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following up on this thread. I attached pictures and drawings to what I found with the backlash tool. Roscoe99 was correct. You are measuring out past the pinion some distance. In my case it was about 1/4”. I hope this helps. In the end you’ll need the tool or make one yourself(line is approx .96” from shaft edge). My only complaint about the tool is that the measuring line which is the critical piece of information is printed on the tab. I’m not sure why they did not scribe the line.

Comment

Comment

maybe a good idea to engrave that line if you have a tool to do that.
        not sure how long that printing will stay
        or do you think it is laser etched?

Comment

I can definitely see it coming off after some use. Just going to take a metal file and mark it.

Comment

Thank you so much for the very helpful thread. New to the forum but came looking here bc I have spent two weeks trying to run this tool down with no luck. I do have a question though. I see in the schematic drawn the black lash indicator rod is placed on the shaft not where the diameter is 16mm. Am I reading me service manual wrong. It looks like you have it placed just before the taper down to 16mm?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X