Yamaha f115 crank gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f115 crank gasket

I’m having the notorious oil leak issues on my 05 Yamaha f115 I replaced the oil pump with a used oil pump and replaced the seal on top of the oil pump and IM having oil come out of the cowling down the shift tube, I speedy sleeved the shaft where the oil pump rides, question is how hard is it to remove the lower crank seal, can I just pull it out and press a new one in or will I have to pull the crank apart I’m going to end up getting an all new pump but while I’m in there again I’m going to replace the crank seal if I can thanks.

I've used the "Lucas Oil Leak Treatment" in my car engine and car power steering unit with good success.....if it's o-ring type seals that are leaking maybe give it a try....gaskets, I doubt it would work....The stuff has something in it that swells neoprene type O-rings....just an idea before you start tearing into the motor..

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      I've used the "Lucas Oil Leak Treatment" in my car engine and car power steering unit with good success.....if it's o-ring type seals that are leaking maybe give it a try....gaskets, I doubt it would work....The stuff has something in it that swells neoprene type O-rings....just an idea before you start tearing into the motor..

Robert that does not answer his question

OP
      I am of no help because I have never pulled one before,
      but the service manual should give the steps needed to get to that seal.
      if pressed in or knocked in, I would think it could be pulled and put back in, if careful to not hurt the sealing surfaces

Comment

Working...
      X