Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain props

can anyone try to recommend the proper prop for my craft
    its a 21 ft trophy walk around with a Yamaha 150 four stroke.
    the current prop is a solas 3511-150-15
    now hidden in the https://usd.mconvert.net/inr/14.99 cabin I found a stainless Yamaha Y14 1/4 x18 prop
    will this prop work with out giving up any of the performance I’m experiencing with the alum one ????
    or should I just replace the one that was on with a new one?.

what size and pitch is the Solas?
    and what WOT RPM and speed do you get from running it?

Comment

Google: Michigan Wheel Props Explained for reams of interesting information.....many variables involved regarding a given prop for any specific application.

Comment

Also, what do you mean by "performance"? Hole shot or top end speed? You can't have both.

Is the current prop bad?
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by david3217 View Post
          can anyone try to recommend the proper prop for my craft
          its a 21 ft trophy walk around with a Yamaha 150 four stroke.
          the current prop is a solas 3511-150-15
          now hidden in the to Myrtle Beach cabin I found a stainless Yamaha Y14 1/4 x18 prop
          will this prop work with out giving up any of the performance I’m experiencing with the alum one ????
          or should I just replace the one that was on with a new one?.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Comment

David, I noticed you had another thread where you asked a question, had some replies by guys willing to help, but you responded the same way at the end by just saying "issue has been solved". That's good, but it was mentioned that it's common decency/proper forum etiquette to respond with WHAT the solution is. Not only to possibly help others down the road, but it's also just "nice" to let the guys know that were responding since they showed a vested interest in you and helping with your issue. I also noticed even after it was mentioned, you still didn't provide the solution.

What you'll find, if this is the way you treat forum members, is that your questions will go unanswered - probably just at the time when you really need it. Remember the story about the boy who cried wolf? You're at number 2. Just offering a good-intentioned heads up, David.
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

would you care to let us know how you solved it?

Comment

Working...
              X