1993 200TXRR Clutch Dog movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 200TXRR Clutch Dog movement

Breaking down the lower unit as part of a reseal project. I have a question on the clutch dog assembly. When it was together shift rod moved nicely from rev to neutral to fwd no problem. I currently have the prop shaft out and I’m exercising the clutch dog. It wants to “snap” into what I believe to be forward and reverse. It’s not spring loaded to forward and it seems very hard to move back and forth and it doesn’t want to stay in neutral. I took it apart and moved it without the ball bearings and springs so I know it’s not binding somewhere.

First time breaking this lower unit down so it’s hard to say what’s normal. I disassembled/reassembled the mechanism according to the manual. Mechanically it doesn’t look like the assembly should be spring loaded to neutral.

Have some other questions about what I’m finding but I’ll post on another thread.

all of the smaller motors that I have dealt with were spring loaded to forward, and you had to force then into neutral and reverse
    I would not think the large motor would be different

Comment

Looks like I’ll take it apart and check again. Perhaps I’m missing something. The manual wants you to put it into the neutral position when you install the prop shaft but it won’t detent into neutral. Like I said maybe I’m missing something. Thanks.

Comment

Plz post back what you find..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Looks like I’ll take it apart and check again. Perhaps I’m missing something. The manual wants you to put it into the neutral position when you install the prop shaft but it won’t detent into neutral. Like I said maybe I’m missing something. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X