No announcement yet.

Hole in the top of 200 OX66 Piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes perfectly good sense now, thanks. Can't help thinking though that when we do our annual PM; if we find debris on the HP pump filter; is it safe to assume that some dirt may be getting past the pump filter and into the injector baskets. And, if we inspect the regulator screen and see dirt, isn't it safe to also assume that we DO have dirt in the injector baskets? I've never had my injectors out, but then, I don't run my engines at WOT throttle often. So, in theory, I could be sitting on a time bomb correct? Think I need to pull the injectors this Spring.
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
      Makes perfectly good sense now, thanks. Can't help thinking though that when we do our annual PM; if we find debris on the HP pump filter; is it safe to assume that some dirt may be getting past the pump filter and into the injector baskets. And, if we inspect the regulator screen and see dirt, isn't it safe to also assume that we DO have dirt in the injector baskets? I've never had my injectors out, but then, I don't run my engines at WOT throttle often. So, in theory, I could be sitting on a time bomb correct? Think I need to pull the injectors this Spring.
      In an automobile, which usually runs at very low power, a partially clogged injector might just be a nuisance. So, you can run a car until it just does not run well and then figure out that it is just a clogged injector, which can then be cleaned.

In the case of a lightweight power plant that is being operated at high power levels most of the time, and all the way to full power some of the time, a partially clogged injector can do some engine damage. It might be a good idea to periodically remove the injectors and send them out for cleaning and flow testing as preventative maintenance.

Comment

Working...
      X