Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil or fuel

moved to originial post
    Last edited by jlslavey; 01-03-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: moved to the original post

Originally posted by jlslavey View Post
    This is a reply to Panasonic with his suggestions below:

First thing we need to know is the year of the engine...please provide that, it is on the transom bracket where you got the serial number.

Still don't know for sure if it is a fuel or spark problem.

Take off the cowl and airbox and go for a another run. With a little squirt bottle of gas mix spray some fuel in the suspected carb(s) and see if the cylinder(s) picks back up. If it doesn't...it's a spark problem.

Ok, today I took it out same problem, so I climbed on the back and sprayed fuel into the top carb, seemed to slow it down just a touch, same with the middle card, but when I sprayed into the bottom carb the rpm's increased and as long as I was spraying it would maintain the higher rpm's. Once I stopped dropped back down, tried several times with the same results. Stopped and tried to take off and it would die out at 1500, wasn't sure if maybe I flooded the thing or not, Would run in neutral to the max rpm but when I put a load kept wanting to die. Finally after several attempts took off but still would drop the rpm
    Might want to keep this on the original thread but, sounds like the lower carb isn't providing fuel..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X