Power trim/tilt (6H1-15)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power trim/tilt (6H1-15)

I have a (6H1-15) trim tilt on a 1999 90 PH. While trimmed up the engine is leaking all the way down while siting in garage.( both trim and tilt) cylinders. I removed and took apart the trim unit last night and it seem to be dirty and needing servicing. (has sediment and oil smells a little stale). My question is I see a repair kit with the o-rings and seals for the cylinders. But I don't see any options for the internal o-rings etc in the internal parts of the unit. How do you get them or they not intended to be changed? Also what product should I flush out the entire unit with to get the old oil and sediment out of the unit?

they are sealed units ,so there should not be any dirt/sediment inside .
    it would need to be completely disassembled and cleaned.
    all new seals and filled back with fresh fluid as it is being assembled.
    have to be very clean , not something to be in a normal workshop .

I would look for a good place to ship it to, to have it rebuilt by people that know there way around those units

Comment

I did my trim/tilt unit this past winter. To my knowledge, there are no kits available. You'll need to look through your parts diagram and order every single o-ring/seal/spring/etc one by one. It is a VERY tedious job - if I had to do it again, I would send it to a place that rebuilds them on a daily basis

It could be something as simple as the manual bypass o-rings/spring/ball. But at 21 years old, it's best to do the whole thing once, rather than having to do it again.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I will probably feel the same way after this is over with. LOL

What is recommended to clean out the unit with?

Comment

Originally posted by Dog12345 View Post
          I will probably feel the same way after this is over with. LOL

What is recommended to clean out the unit with?
          Flush it with clean fluid. How dirty is it?

Comment

A few more things to think about...

-- You will undoubtedly forget to order a certain piece, so you'll have to order another little tiny o-ring and pay for shipping again.
            -- You will undoubtedly find ANOTHER thing to replace "while you are in there" and have to place another order... and pay for shipping again.
            -- You will undoubtedly lose one of the tiny, miniscule parts (ball bearing, spring, super tiny o-ring) and have to order another one... and pay for shipping again.

Not that I'm talking from experience or anything... but I kinda am..........
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
            X