Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle plate for 1984 40h

Hi There

I have damaged the throttle plate on my 1984 40hp autolube. I have tried to source the part online but it appears it never came as a spare and a dealer told me I have to replace the whole carb.
    Does anybody know where I could source one? it is 1mm thick aluminium and 29mm in diameter. I have attached a photo.
    Thanks in advance.

looks like you drilled a bunch of holes in it.
    if that is the problem then try plugging them back up

metal can be welded

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      looks like you drilled a bunch of holes in it.
      if that is the problem then try plugging them back up

metal can be welded
      If the holes are the problem then I agree with 99yam40 that welding may be a good solution

Comment

no the holes are standard, the 3 in the middle are for fixation and the top one is a breather hole. the damage is to the outer edge

Comment

Why couldn’t one be fabricated? By who? Not sure in your area. If people can machine cranks, by god, they could cut one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            Why couldn’t one be fabricated? By who? Not sure in your area. If people can machine cranks, by god, they could cut one of these.
            Yep. A machine shop could turn one out in no time.

Comment

water jet would be the best way in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by colinirwin13 View Post
                no the holes are standard, the 3 in the middle are for fixation and the top one is a breather hole. the damage is to the outer edge
                well could the edges be hammered a little to flatten and spread the metal out some and then take a file to it to make it round again

Comment

Originally posted by colinirwin13 View Post
                  Looking at it, I don't know why you couldn't lightly hammer it and clean up with a fine file. It doesn't look that bad..
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X