06 70tlr 2 stroke cold start issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 70tlr 2 stroke cold start issues

06 2 stroke 70tlr having issues on cold start. I went ahead and did a test on cold start with the emergency start tab in the on position and it started with no issues. So I know something with the starting assembly is the cause or I think. I tested for voltage going to the starter plunger valve which I was getting only 6 volts and also thought it was weird that where that blue wire from the plunger is connected goes in connection straight to the lighting coil and not out the reg/rectifier side but maybe that's normal. Just trying to make sure that this information seems legit before I dig into the starter assembly and clean that out. Once she is running you can turn of and on with no problems just would love to get a better cold start up. if anyone knows what the voltage should be to power up the starter plunger please let me know.

Dangar marine has a very good video on these on youtube its called "yamaha prime start diagnosis"

Comment

what were you measuring the voltage with, and what did you have it set to?
      the service manual should have a procedure for checking that voltage
      good chance it calls for peak voltage which should require a special voltmeter or an DVA adapter.
      the voltage is only needed while running to turn off the extra fuel once the motor has warned up.
      so apparently you have a problem with something plugged up not letting the fuel flow when cold

Comment

Thanks guys. Yea I was using an dmm rms meter but I think you are correct and I am gonna look for something that's plugging fuel up.

Comment

Working...
        X