Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Exhaust leak

Hello all,

I have a 2014 F150LA with a hugh hole in the side of the block. The exhaust has eaten through block and partially into the midsection. This engine has 192 hours. I thought they fixed the exhaust issues on the four stroke 4 cylinders. WTF? I know my YES is done, but with this kind of issue, will Yamaha stand up at all on this? I'm really paranoid now because I just repowered another of my bay boats with the 2018 version of this same engine. Any help or suggestions not related to boat anchors and scrap would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Spencer

pics would help.

I had not heard of the F150 having this type of problem.
    mainly balancer issues

is it on the wet parts?
    if so maybe salt eating it up

Comment

Sorry, I tried to download some but they were too big. I'll take some more in the morning. It 's on the dry side. I had heard of 02-05 posibly have an exhaust manifold cracking issue.

Comment

Since you mentioned YES, I am presuming that you are in the USA and that the motor was sold with a YES contract by Yamaha USA. If so, either call Yamaha USA and see what they have to say. Or ask your dealer to make the call.

Depending upon how long it has been since the YES contract expired Yamaha may be willing to do something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Since you mentioned YES, I am presuming that you are in the USA and that the motor was sold with a YES contract by Yamaha USA. If so, either call Yamaha USA and see what they have to say. Or ask your dealer to make the call.

Depending upon how long it has been since the YES contract expired Yamaha may be willing to do something for you.
          Boscoe99-
          I talked with Yamaha this morning, I am still under YES warranty until Sept 2020! I will be taking it in to local dealer Monday morning and they, hopefully, will get this situation corrected. I will let y'all know how it goes!

Thanks,

Spencer

Comment

Good to hear.
            Sounds like you lucked out.
            keep us informed
            and post up some pics when you get a chance

Comment

Working...
            X