ceto and aeto electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceto and aeto electrics

hi guys, so bought a blown up yamaha 115hp 2 stroke ceto motor for my boat, after looking into the engine damage ive decided i want to bolt my running yamaha 115hp 2 stroke aeto motor into the ceto chasis.
    i want to use the ceto electrics as the aeto electrics are quite junk and old. is this possible to??
    and are there any avliable wireing diagrams for the motor that i could look through incase i come up with a issue, i allready have been told alot of the mounting holes are differant but ile work aroiund that

tim

Need the complete ID of both motors. Begins with the number 6.

Comment

115ceto 6e5 and 115aeto 6e5

Comment

6E5 is just the engine ID prefix. Complete means all of the engine ID.

Would be something like 6E5 L 12345 or 6E5 L 123456.

Comment

I would think there is more to a complete ID than just that.
          is not the letter on the lower right below all of that other for the year

Comment

sorry thought that was what ya ment heres the complete numbers
            115AETO 6E5 L 355358 K
            115CETO 6E5 X 1000247 Q
            yes im aware of the leg length differances

Comment

Looks like about 18 years different
              I am thinking 1985 and 2003
              different timing set up( manual linkage and electronic) and no telling what else.

Boscoe can probably give better info than me

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                Looks like about 18 years different
                I am thinking 1985 and 2003
                different timing set up( manual linkage and electronic) and no telling what else.

Boscoe can probably give better info than me
                Good thought.

Service manuals (available for purchase) will give you some guidance as to what might can be used and what might not. Also, comparing the 1985 parts catalog to the the 2003 parts catalog (available for free at this site) can give you some further guidance.

Comment

so ive still got all the timing gear from my ceto motor.
                  been told from local yammy dealer my 703 forward controls will fit, but still looking at going a digital guage setup to get rid of my old analog guages.
                  theres a couple plugs that just have me stummped on the ceto engine harness, they clip in around the same area as the 703 forward controls.
                  one is a square blue plug with 4 wires
                  black
                  black with red stripe
                  blue
                  light brown
                  and other 4 pin green with red strip that plugs into a plug that then goes to pink
                  and green with black stripe which plugs into a grey wire with a bullet terminal on it.
                  on the same side of the plug as the grey and pink wire is a black wire that dosent seam to go to anything.
                  and last one is theres a grey with black stripe single bullet terminal thats full of sand and gunk so must not of been connected before.
                  cheers guys

Comment

So here are the pictures of the plugs. Had to crop them alot as 2mb limits on pictures
                    Attached Files

Comment

so update.
                      bar 1 rather important thing everything fits.
                      important thing being the flywheel on the aeto motor is snaller then the ceto motor.
                      i looking into getting a machinst to have a play but in the end has ended up to hard, so now giving up and going back to the aeto electrics

Comment

Working...
                      X