yamaha 703 control travel without action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 703 control travel without action

Thanks for your help. Maybe this issue is already solved, but I don't speak English and looking around the forum I haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. The yamaha 703 control of my outboard f150 does not work very well. The first part of the route does nothing, until it does not go in the middle of the route does not start to accelerate. ​​​​​​
    The result, apart from being uncomfortable, is that having little control over the command, it is difficult to accelerate slowly. I tried to adjust this with the screw it has, but what it does is make it more or less hard, but it still has a long way to go without service. Do you have any idea how to solve this? I have watched videos of how to reverse the command, how to change it, but nothing about it, maybe it will be because I do not speak English and it costs me the search. Thank you !!!

the 703 is a single lever control, so the 1st part of the movement puts the motor into gear and then it start to move the throttle

Comment

Thank you very much 99yam for the help. I put the photo of the manual, as you say, there is a part that is to get going. but my command, as I try to indicate with the red line of the image, has a LOT of travel without doing anything. Another user with experience in this type of controls told me that it was not normal. Do you think that is the case, and that I can only adjust the hardness with the screw, or can I do something to make the cable path shorter or something? THANK YOU !!!

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-15 a las 18.57.46.png

Comment

Kino, what you are experiencing does not sound normal. And you are correct that the "friction screw" will not fix this. Take a look at the throttle cable where it attaches to the engine - most likely you will see that the attachment corresponds to (lack of) movement. You may have a failing/stretched throttle cable... possibly an issue with the attachment point on the engine (or at the control box).
        Last edited by DennisG01; 11-16-2019, 10:37 AM.
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

I have seen cables that did not move as they should before, but not Yamaha cables.
          you need to find out if the cable or the con*****er is the problem.

thinking about this some more, make sure the cable is locked into the holders properly( both ends).
          you should see any movement of the outer sheath when you move the con*****er back and forth

Comment

The clip on the F150 that secures the throttle cable housing is known to unlatch itself. Rendering the throttle cable not not being able to do its job effectively. A tystrap can be used to ensure that the clip stays latched.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              I have seen cables that did not move as they should before, but not Yamaha cables.
              you need to find out if the cable or the con*****er is the problem.

thinking about this some more, make sure the cable is locked into the holders properly( both ends).
              you should not see any movement of the outer sheath when you move the con*****er back and forth
              I somehow left out the not, so I fixed it

Comment

Thank you very much everyone for the help. I will see things. Let me tell you !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X