Engine Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Identification

Seems obvious and therein lies the trouble. I have a F90 TLRB with a manufacture date of 12/02, it is a four cylinder , four stroke. The mid range jets were apparently getting methanol plugged, I need carb overhaul kits and the part number I kick up always list the engine as a 2003 and the same P/N are for a three cylinder two stroke and I really don't want to hassle with the wrong parts when I am unsure. The Boats.Net site does list the engine as a 2003 with the Yamaha P/N as 6H1-W00093-10-00

I have a feeling you did not look at the F90 TLRB

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...r/2003/f90tlrb

Comment

The engine was made in 2002 as a 2003 model year motor. Just like you can buy a 2020 model year truck that has been made in 2019.

The diagram in the link that 99yam provided shows four pistons being used.

The 6H1 prefix number that you mention is for a three cylinder two stroke 90 HP. Your motor is a four cylinder F90. F for four stroke.

Comment

I thought especially where the manufacture date was December that it would be the case as to the model year but when I looked up the part here on Boat.net it gave the application as Yamaha Outboard Parts by Year 2003 90TLRB Repair Kit 1 which is the 6H1 kit. When I look at the listings for the F90 TLRB carb all parts are listed but not an overhaul kit, is there something I am missing to locate the number? Thanks for the help as I really hate doing returns and I knew something was amiss!

Comment

I did find a kit by looking through the actual parts and probably solved the question, the "F" is quite important

Comment

Originally posted by dehler25 View Post
            I did find a kit by looking through the actual parts and probably solved the question, the "F" is quite important
            Quite.
            zf90.jpg

Comment

dang all of those parts for just one of the 4 carbs

Comment

Working...
              X