Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG not Working

I have twin 2000 115 4 strokes.
    All the gauges work, the Multifunction gauge displays speed and trip distance but the Fuel Management gauge does not display MPG.
    The Multifunction gauge has a round “s” video type connector connecting the two gauges. I think that is the one that should carry the miles data to the Multifunction gauge.

From what I was reading, if I have the two gauges connected together this way, than I don’t need a GPS input to the Multifunction gauge.
    Is that correct?
    How do I get the MPG to work?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could send me?
    I would like to install a water temp gauge, is this data all ready being send up the cable harness going to the Tech warning light?

Thanks

The Fuel Management gauge can data from the Yamaha speedometer or a GPS unit to calculate MPG as long as the dip switch in back of Fuel Management gauge is set to the right data, speedo or GPS. The water Temp gauge requires a temp sender that is installed on engine and run the wire to temp gauge. I will send the FMG instructions.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the instructions.
      I checked my fuel management gauge and the dip switches and it looks like the switches were backwards. According to the diagram the switches were set up for speed sensor and liters.
      But I don’t have mpg and my display shows gallons.
      So I reversed the speed/gps and I’ll try tomorrow when I’m out.

Thanks again for you help.

I’ll give an update after I test with the dip switches changed.

David

Comment

Working...
      X