F70 Yamaha Error Code 37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70 Yamaha Error Code 37

I have an error code 37 "Intake passage air leak" which is stored in the diagnostics menu using YDS 1.33 software. The motor is a 2017 F70 Yamaha.
    The motor has 70 hours and this error code occurred at 48 hours.
    Motor is running fine and all live diagnostics are fine.
    I presume the ECM determines an air leak using the air pressure intake sensor?
    I have checked for leaks and all seems ok.

Originally posted by RoosterTail View Post
    I have an error code 37 "Intake passage air leak" which is stored in the diagnostics menu using YDS 1.33 software. The motor is a 2017 F70 Yamaha.
    The motor has 70 hours and this error code occurred at 48 hours.
    Motor is running fine and all live diagnostics are fine.
    I presume the ECM determines an air leak using the air pressure intake sensor?
    I have checked for leaks and all seems ok.
    When I first got YDIS and plugged in to engine I had four codes showing from various hour timeframes. Never had a running issue.
    Deleted all of them and never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

When I first got YDIS and plugged in to engine I had four codes showing from various hour timeframes. Never had a running issue.
      Deleted all of them and never had a problem.
      Ok. Good thing that it is not difficult to connect the PC and keep monitoring.

Comment

I had the same code one time on my 2011 F50 and it never came back. I actually did have a slight air leak at the time, but that code never came back, even during the time between when I cleared it and when I changed in the intake manifold gasket. So I don't think the air leak actually triggered that code in the first place.

One thing I have noticed about the MAP sensor is that sometimes it's way off in its temp measurement if it's been sitting out in the sun for a while. I think that's a more likely culprit for the code 37 than an air leak. But if you take a cold ambient temp reading in the morning, it should be accurate. It might just need to be cleaned with an electrical parts cleaner, but that might require you to remove the entire manifold (not sure if you can slide out the sensor under the flywheel on the F70.. on the F50, I could not).

You might run slightly lean with a defective MAP sensor, but if you don't notice a problem, I think you can clear/ignore it unless it comes back.

But really, the main thing I've learned in 4 years working with YDS is that it shouldn't be used in place of the troubleshooting map given in the service manual. YDS has been useful for me, but if you don't really study the service manual (and understand how the engine generally works), then YDS will probably confuse/worry you more than it will help you.
        2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Originally posted by rejesterd View Post
          I had the same code one time on my 2011 F50 and it never came back. I actually did have a slight air leak at the time, but that code never came back, even during the time between when I cleared it and when I changed in the intake manifold gasket. So I don't think the air leak actually triggered that code in the first place.

One thing I have noticed about the MAP sensor is that sometimes it's way off in its temp measurement if it's been sitting out in the sun for a while. I think that's a more likely culprit for the code 37 than an air leak. But if you take a cold ambient temp reading in the morning, it should be accurate. It might just need to be cleaned with an electrical parts cleaner, but that might require you to remove the entire manifold (not sure if you can slide out the sensor under the flywheel on the F70.. on the F50, I could not).

You might run slightly lean with a defective MAP sensor, but if you don't notice a problem, I think you can clear/ignore it unless it comes back.

But really, the main thing I've learned in 4 years working with YDS is that it shouldn't be used in place of the troubleshooting map given in the service manual. YDS has been useful for me, but if you don't really study the service manual (and understand how the engine generally works), then YDS will probably confuse/worry you more than it will help you.
          Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
          X