2003 ox66 Vmax no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 ox66 Vmax no spark

I have a Yamaha Vmax ox66 150 was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why it's not getting spark to any cylinders. It sat for a long time and because it needed a fuel pump. I had bought one but just not made the time to put it on. Recently put it on and put new batteries but then it wouldn't start. I immediately thought it was because of fuel pump but changed all filters and verified that new pump was running and fuel pressure was normal. After verifying was not fuel issue I realized that no cylinders were getting spark. Also when lanyard is off I'm not getting warning alarm when I crank the motor so I believe it could possibly be with the emergency stop but wanted to see if anyone could give me any input or advice on where problem might be or where to start thank so much in advance

testing the inputs and outputs to the CDI or ECU( spark producing components)
    I am not sure what kind if ignition system this motor has.
    service manual would help a lot.

google CDI troubleshooting might get some info

Comment

I would start with checking out the lanyard switch...the alarm should sound. Meter out the switch to see if it works. That is exactly what that switch does...kills the spark when the lanyard is pulled off or the button is pressed. Probably corrosion in the switch.

Comment

Pan, your reading skills are better than mine.
        I thought he said it did sound the alarm when he pulled the kill switch
        it should kill spark and set the alarm
        bad connection in switch or bad ground wire maybe
        Last edited by 99yam40; 09-21-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks im gonna try checking the lanyard switch. I was almost positive that when lanyard was pulled alarm would sound but had been awhile since ive taken her out. Wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy first lol

Comment

I am not positive on it sounding the alarm.
            not every motor does that.

did you turn the key to start or just to on position when you tried it?

Comment

Working...
            X