Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yamaha18 View Post
    Whats VST?
    Part #13 is the drain screw for the VST: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...jection-pump-1

Loosen that screw and the VST will drain thru the attached hose.

I'd catch what comes out and squeeze the primer bulb until nothing but clean fuel comes out..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

No, I have not opened the outboard to check the filter yet.

I will open up the cowling and check into the VST to see what I find and take pic and report back

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      VST is Vapor separator tank.
      that new F70 should be fuel injected
      have you checked to see if the onboard filter has caught a bunch of that junk you show in the pic?
      all of the gas pumps I have seen have filters on them, so I have no idea how that much debris got into your cleaned tanks
      Captain steve - 1974 wellcraft airslot 165 with 2019 Yamaha 70

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Part #13 is the drain screw for the VST: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...jection-pump-1

Loosen that screw and the VST will drain thru the attached hose.

I'd catch what comes out and squeeze the primer bulb until nothing but clean fuel comes out..
        Ok. I will see what it came out of VST if any and take pic and report back
        Captain steve - 1974 wellcraft airslot 165 with 2019 Yamaha 70

Comment

Originally posted by Yamaha18 View Post
          Both tank portable
          OK, then you have it easy. I wouldn't add a second fuel/water separator. Your gas quality is super easy to control and fix, if necessary - and cleaning your tanks out is simple, too. It wouldn't "hurt" to have another filter, but I really don't see the need for it. Although it would, in most cases, keep stuff away from the engine filter. But as long you take care of your fuel, which again, is super easy with portable tanks, you'll be fine without it.

As mentioned, draining your VST and looking at the engine filter will tell you more.
          Last edited by DennisG01; 09-19-2019, 01:11 PM.
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
          X