oil seal cover in lower unit 2002 F115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil seal cover in lower unit 2002 F115

anybody know anything about how this thing is supposed to function or be installed? Does it just rest on top or is it glued down with sealant or something???
    2002 19ft. Baystealth 1888 with Yamaha F115 (4 stroke)
    2002 15ft Alumacraft with 25 Yamaha 4 stroke

its actually trapped between the wear plate and the bearing housing.
    no sealant.

Comment

Get the dolphins to sort it I hear they are good with engines!! They try to tell you this by swimming near your bow but us silly humans never take the signs

Comment

Originally posted by greasyshaft View Post
        Get the dolphins to sort it I hear they are good with engines!! They try to tell you this by swimming near your bow but us silly humans never take the signs

Looks like you have been drinking some of the home made stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Too right!! excellent diagnostic skills you have!

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            its actually trapped between the wear plate and the bearing housing.
            no sealant.

Thanks Rod!

I was changing the wearplate and the wide section of the rubber seal was pealing up a bit and when I messed with it it just kinda popped out. I went ahead and ordered a new one. maybe not needed but for $10 it was peace of mind.

Also broke a grease zerk. Are they just standard pick em up at the hardware store size?
            Last edited by Pas Bon F115; 09-06-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Is greasyshaftstuff one and the same as the mad hatter man?

Comment

Originally posted by Pas Bon F115 View Post
                Thanks Rod!

I was changing the wearplate and the wide section of the rubber seal was pealing up a bit and when I messed with it it just kinda popped out. I went ahead and ordered a new one. maybe not needed but for $10 it was peace of mind.

Also broke a grease zerk. Are they just standard pick em up at the hardware store size?
                As long as your hardware store has metric sized ones

Comment

Originally posted by greasyshaft View Post
                  Too right!! excellent diagnostic skills you have!
                  I guess y'all are about the only ones that can do that legally

Comment

I was able to get them at an auto parts store (metric thread). Bring you broken base down there to match up...
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I guess y'all are about the only ones that can do that legally

It's Happy Hour(s) down under! Guess the dolphins are talking too!
                      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-06-2014, 02:37 PM.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                        I was able to get them at an auto parts store (metric thread). Bring you broken base down there to match up...
                        Got em at O'Reilly's bought an assortment pack for about $4. The other packs were like $8 for a pack 8 or so. I only needed one and got lucky that there were a couple in there that fit!

Thanks for all the comments and help!!

Comment

Got em at O'Reilly's bought an assortment pack for about $4. The other packs were like $8 for a pack 8 or so. I only needed one and got lucky that there were a couple in there that fit!

Thanks for all the comments and help!!
                          Excellent!

I got mine at Auto Zone (as I re-call). Drilled and tapped boat lift bolts, making them greasable with a grease gun vs pulling apart manually....
                          Scott

Comment

as long as your not in the salt pond auto crap may work.

Comment

Working...
                            X