Opinion On Pistion / Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion On Pistion / Rebuild

I recently had ox66 block P side sleved standard, new OEM standard pistions & standard rings installed and there is a lot of room you will see in the video a comparison S side is real tight, whats your take? and when rebuilding do replace all pistons and rings or just the side that is damaged?
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

The video doesn't play..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

it played for me.
      looks and sounds like the shop that bored the sleeves did not measure the pistons before boring to get the proper fit/
      have to wonder if the did a good job of chamfering the ports also

some will do just the bad cylinders and others will do them all
      if going back with standard pistons it should not affect the balance, but the compression from new and old would be off some if you did not do all rings and hone

Comment

Playing thru Google Chrome and it worked...

Both pistons (each pushed by hand), looked like they have excessive slop in them.

You mentioned the sleeves are OEM / standard and the pistons also OEM standard in size?

Just checked my shop manual, clearance for an F150 (piston to cylinder), is .003" to .0031".
        Yours is WAY more than that.

Do you have a shop manual to obtain the spec's?
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-04-2019, 08:23 AM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X