No announcement yet.

2009 yamaha F40 TLR question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another possibility is the ecu,that can actually make problems on certain rpm.
    Had the same problem on a F40,with symphtomes like clogged carburators.Same behavior after cleaning 2 times,idle and ran fine to aprox 2500rpm-above would stall.If i could get it over 2500/2800 rpm it ran fine at higher speed. ecu was the "sinner" of problems,easy to replace-try to borrow one to test.

Comment

Hey Guys, I’m having the exact same issues with a F40TLRB bogging down and we have cleaned the carburetors 4 times and always have the same issue. I bought the motor used but could it be the ECU that’s the culprit? What’s the part number for that?

Comment

Originally posted by arny View Post
        Another possibility is the ecu,that can actually make problems on certain rpm.
        Had the same problem on a F40,with symphtomes like clogged carburators.Same behavior after cleaning 2 times,idle and ran fine to aprox 2500rpm-above would stall.If i could get it over 2500/2800 rpm it ran fine at higher speed. ecu was the "sinner" of problems,easy to replace-try to borrow one to test.
        Any idea what the part number for the ECU is?

Comment

Originally posted by preynoso View Post

Any idea what the part number for the ECU is?
          Part #1: https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...3/electrical-1
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X