No announcement yet.

2012 F250 Won't Go Over 3000 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry morassra but the people who answer your questions on this forum are extremely good at diagnosing problems without seeing anything other than what people write!
    If you can't write the whole story than you cannot expect your happy ending.

To the pros, I hope these instances don't discourage you at all.
    I personally have learned much more than I expected when I first joined this forum and It makes me won't to help others as well.
    So if I am ever out of line please let me know!

Comment

and I am sorry I have never replaced a rod,piston or crank.
      wait I actually have.
      some of the early run 4.2 v6 motors had a longer than normal driveshaft and a shorter than normal crankshaft spline.
      this resulted in a upwards pushing motion on the crank thrust bearing leading to premie failures.
      some inside the first 10 hours or less.
      I have seen the crank lifted so high it cut the timing belt.

Comment

This problem is easily pinpointed give the rite symptoms to the rite eyes, no?

Comment

only after the motor is thrashed.

Comment

My new powerhead and other parts haven't arrived yet, so I don't think the engine has been dismantled to the point where they have a definitive opinion regarding what caused the failure. It does appear that there is a thrust bearing issue.

On an aside... you guys are pretty weird.

Comment

typically a failure like that isn't cause for a teardown of the crank assy under warrenty.
              typically Yamaha sends a block and two head assemblies.
              takes me about 20 hours to tear it down and reassemble it.
              typically they will require the oil pan assy to be removed and the strainer replaced as well.

Comment

thrust bearing f300xca

What is the acceptable end play of the crankshaft? I have a 2011 300xca and after reading about the thrust bearing failure's I lifted up on my flywheel and it will move upward about 1/16", that seems like a lot to me but as of now the motor runs perfect? should I put new berings in or is this in spec for a yamaha?

Comment

crankshaft endplay or thrustbearing clearance is in the manual.

Comment

Working...
                  X